This site is filled with a bunch of enablers.

Jim Owen

TVWBB Fan
I just inquired for this Genesis 1000 redhead even though I just rehabbed a a Genesis 2 redhead. It looks pretty good and will give me something to do during our rainy season. I wish they had pictures of the interior.

1605763455252.png

I've only been to WA briefly once, back in the very late '60s, but back then we had a printing plant located in Tukwila, so that's where I heard that from. It may have been an early impression from our people that transferred there from SoCal where it never rains (until it does). And I worked with a guy who grew up in Portland that claimed if you didn't keep moving the moss would start growing on you.

That said I think we may have had 2 or 3 days when it hasn't rained this November, but it has been a wet fall. I think we got about 3 inches of rain this year from May to September.

I brewed commercially at small breweries for 12 years. We always could drink on the job. In fact I would taste all the beers each morning before I had my first cup of coffee. The Olympia brewery closed in 2003.

Yeah, I deleted the post where I asked about the Olympia brewery. I figured I wouldn't bother you with it when I could just Google it for myself. But I really enjoyed Oly beer and it was quite a treat to tour their facility. And they are so restrictive about alcohol in the workplace here, even back then, that it seemed so strange to be able to drink on the job.

I always thought I'd enjoy working at Jack Daniel's Distillery, but I worked with a crew from Louisville and they said the alcohol fumes could get overpowering after awhile.

Just noticed you were from Socal. I have traveled a bit with my wife and family. We get bored and move to a new place to explore once in a while. We lived in Alpine for 1 year and then La Jolla for 2 years. I miss Socal, but we would want to live near the beach and it is just too expensive. Alpine was way too hot in the summer. Too far from the cooling water.

Back