This is how she gets white, and I get...

Yes it is! I got to get a bird spinning here soon! So many of you guys do the potatoes under the roti when you do spinning birds. How do the chicken drippings work with the cooking potato cooking process?

Yes it is! I got to get a bird spinning here soon! So many of you guys do the potatoes under the roti when you do spinning birds. How do the chicken drippings work with the cooking potato cooking process?
It was the first time that I tried taters under the bird and it worked great. I've seen pics so I Googled it.
Basically, after the bird starts spinning, cut up a couple lbs of Yukon golds, into 1" pieces, drizzle a little olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, combine it all, in a microwave-safe dish, (covered with Saran wrap), zap on high for 5 minutes, then stick 'em in a disposable aluminum pan and put them under the bird. Shake the pan, with your tongs, after 15-20 minutes, to keep them from sticking, (they never did stick). It stated "30-45 minutes", but I let them go until the chicken was done, a little over an hour and they were perfect.
To answer your question, the drippings and the smoke flavor worked out well.

Back