The Performer has landed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Barnes

TVWBB Pro
About 3PM CDT courtesy of my friendly,regular UPS dude. He looked st the box and said" YOUR GETTING A PERFORMER"!! He said he has Weber products. Took about 30 minutes to assemble. You can really tell Weber quality in the fit and finish. I found a reall ycheap generic cover at Lowes' this morning. It is Perfect Flame brand and the part number is 187623. It says"53 in. Barbewgue Grille Cover. It fits real nice especially for $10. Have to wiat and see how long it lasts. I lose stylee points for not having the Officvial Weber cover but I don't care.

Congratulations, you got numero uno, now cover
it with da best. Those cheap covers always crack
Its your baby, love her and take care of her.

Anthony

Black. If I can figure out how to post pix I'll do it.
Anthony,
I had read that the Webr cover isn't waterproof and the P will sit outside. That and the price diff was the dealbreaker. Not ot say thay el cheapo won't last thru he summer and I get the Weber cover anyway!!

Won't do it until tonite. My wife was under the weather yesterday so I figured it would be better to wait.
Nothing spectacular. Some boneless CBs,grilled onions and poblanos on flour tortillas. Want to be able to figure out ant differences in heat control between the Perf and my old Kettle. Shouldn'r be any.

Hey Pat, from what I see Weber offer a lower
cost cover with no markings (grey) and then their heavy duty (black) one with the Weber name on it. I love my 22 OTG with the cover
it looks like R2D2.

Anthony

Slight change of subject,
Any adaptoers to refill the 16.4 oz. propane cannisters? I ahve 2 20 lb cylinders that I use for frying turkeys,etc. I don't want to hook them to the Perf because it won't fit on the cart. I read somewhere here that such a thing exists.

Hey Pat, I have the older model w/ the 5/lb bottle. I believe the new ones are just the disposable canisters..like the colemans? A buddy of mine got a longer hose & adapter, he has the large propane bottle to it. It sits behiend his performer.

What you really want is one of these hoses. You screw one end into where the small tank goes and the other connects directly to your big tank
I found it clearanced for $8 last fall. I love out of season BBQ clearance. Out of season yeah right. Grilling in the winter is even better, It is nice to stand over hot coals when it 8 degrees out!!!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog...10944&ci_sku=8587357

I've got one of those adapters and 2 20lb cylinders. The thing Idon't like is not being able to put the cylinder underneath the table without removing the charcoal holder.Personal choice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back