The Flavor Bible, not just another cook book

Kevin Storm

I while back I was listening to podcast or radio show and the guy mention this book "the Flavor Bible." Him never heard of that one, I may have to check it out. I did and I was hooked on it. This really doesn't have a lot of recipes, what it is really good at is telling you what goes with what based on information they got from other chefs. For example what goes with chicken, it will list things, and rates them on how many chefs recommended it. Or Thyme, that ingredient goes with X,X, & X. After going through this several times, I find simple things like a can of soup get the upgraded flavors.

The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs.​

by
Karen Page & Andrew Dornenburg

That sounds pretty good. Not a book of how but a book of why. I’ll definitely check it out.

I will also check into that book. I have one called Salt, Fat, Acid and Heat that seems to go along the same lines... more of a primer on technique than a recipe book I would say. I think recipe books may come back into style. Half of the recipes I find online begin with some BS story about how the author came up with the recipe, and you have to scroll thru a bunch of ads to get to the actual recipe... I can't be the only one that hates that can i?

NO!!!!!!!! You are not.

On the subject, I am getting so sick of the "PILL" ads in cooking magazines.

Back