temp. probe eyelets

I placed my order for a set from Rocks back on April 6, and still have not received them. I called about a week and half ago and was told they were out of some of the parts. I am going to give them a call again this week and if they have not shipped yet, I am going to cancel my order. If you are going to order from Rocks you may want to call them first to make sure they have them or consider one of the other sites to see if they have them in stock.

I am a very big fan of the eyelets. To me, they are much nicer than running wires under the top or through the side door.

The question I have is, could you replace all 4 of the top screws with eyelets?

On my last cook, I did 3 butts. With 4 eyelets I could use one for my DigiQ pit probe, one for the DigiQ meat probe and then the other two for meat probes from my NuTemp remote therm. That way I could know the temps for everything in my cooker.

The two eyelets I have now don't seem to be loose or hold the grill straps in place poorly. Why not put in 4 of them?

Originally posted by Dru Lyons:
Go to Lowes and in the nut and bolt section in the bin drawers the have what are call T-nuts, the are stainless steel, size 1/4, 5/16 etc. and only about a buck both ET73 probes will go thru the 5/16
icon_wink.gif

Tnut, hmmm thx for the suggestion.

Back