Ta da! Short ribs!

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
LOL Thanks for the tips, ladies. Short ribs came out perfectly. They were fork tender. Consistency reminded me of pot roast or london broil when it's done right. I rubbed these with Penzey's BBQ 3000. Did up the Russian Banana fingerlings with EVO and kosher salt. One helluva meal. I'll be making these again for certain.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Beautiful looking meal. Short ribs have been on my short list for a while, and this might kick it to the front! Thanks for the reminder!

Hayden - those short ribs look like NY Strips! Great stuff. I wish I could find that kind of great looking short ribs but I'm not sure I could make the finished product look as good as yours!

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Hayden - those short ribs look like NY Strips! Great stuff. I wish I could find that kind of great looking short ribs but I'm not sure I could make the finished product look as good as yours!

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Part of the reason I was compelled to try these was that every time I looked at these at Whole Foods, the marbling was so ridiculous. I just couldn't imagine that they wouldn't be good. However, I had, until yesterday, absolutely zero experience with them.

After getting some advice from others, I cooked them indirect between 225-250 for 2 hours. I then wrapped them in foil and cooked them for another hour between 250 and 350. I was cooking the potatoes and corn, so I needed some higher temps for the last hour of the cook. I didn't figure it would kill the short ribs, and I was right.

They came out wonderfully. All the fat had disintegrated within the cuts, and left them juicy, and so tender I could have cut them apart with a spoon.

Back