Summit Silver Cross Compatibility

John-NY

TVWBB Super Fan
I have the opportunity to score a Summit Silver for $50.

At first I was going to walk away if I inspect it and find the dreaded cookbox rot.

However, then I wondered which parts I could source from it that would be compatible with other models? Such as a Silver B, etc.

Side tables, swing tables, grates, etc.? Anything that adds up to being worth $50 anyways?

IMG_5186.jpeg

I would say the only things possibly useful for another project would be the side & fold up tables and the big wheels perhaps.

Unike the Platinum, it does not have a side burner or the SS frame and cabinet

I would say the only things possibly useful for another project would be the side & fold up tables and the big wheels perhaps.

Unike the Platinum, it does not have a side burner or the SS frame and cabinet
Yeah, not much on one of those except what you mentioned. It's not a particularly desirable grill to begin with. If it has the upgraded 9mm summit grates that would be a $200 value right there however.

Yeah, not much on one of those except what you mentioned. It's not a particularly desirable grill to begin with. If it has the upgraded 9mm summit grates that would be a $200 value right there however.
Thanks, do you know which other models would those grates fit on?

I have the opportunity to score a Summit Silver for $50.

At first I was going to walk away if I inspect it and find the dreaded cookbox rot.

However, then I wondered which parts I could source from it that would be compatible with other models? Such as a Silver B, etc.

Side tables, swing tables, grates, etc.? Anything that adds up to being worth $50 anyways?

View attachment 93763
Hi,

Unless the grill is in working condition or you want to restore that model for some reason or need specific parts from that grill I wouldn’t pay more than $20

If your disassemble that grill and sell the metal for scrap it’s worth about $20

The parts that have value above scrap if they are in good shape:

Plastic Tables and endcaps
Wheels
The lid endcaps are interchangeable with Genesis Gold stainless lids
Propane manifold
Propane hose assembly
Tank scale
Cooking grids

The firebox is the same width as a 3 burner 1000-5000, Genesis Silver/Gold, Spirit models

The length is different and they are front burners
So having a different length I still wouldn’t be able to interchange the cooking grates with those other models, right?

You'd have to cut them down a bit to use them --- they are ~4" wider if you have the 'full width' grates but are GTG if they are the grates meant to work with the smoke box - those were just B/C grates.

I might be calling things wrong….

I am calling:

Firebox front to back = width
Firebox side to side = length

Sorry for any confusion

Back