Summit S6 resale price?

RyanJoseph

I'm going to end up posting a Summit S6 locally for sale and didn't have any clue what to expect. I purchased it right after they were released, years ago. It is the original one. Have way too many accessories with it as well. I haven't a clue what to even ask. It is the first edition one.

$1200-1300 is what I’ve seen them for. Depends on condition and what you’re including.

I don’t know what you like to cook or how but I’d sell everything else and keep the S6. That’s just me.

Oh, I love the grill. I've always loved it. Just a weird spacing kind of thing outside so I am going to change it up. I have way too many accessories for it too. I'm in Albany, NY region and not a huge smoking community up here so to be determined on the selling price

I doubt you could get more than $200 ;) Will you ship ? :D :D :D

But seriously, I'd start high. Clean it and make it look new. Clean the SS cooking grids with Oven cleaner so they sparkle. Pics from several angles and also include a screen shot of the brand new model along with it's price.

You might do well selling the accessories separately depending on what they are.

link to Chris' page on cleaning the SS grates. I don't normally clean them, but I will if I'm selling a grill.

I actually have i think...4 different grates for it. Lots of years with it for me to constantly change them and try new things. Just time to move on to the next chapter on my end.

I’ll buy your first gen deflector plate :)
I cannot believe they changed that design. A really silly cost-cutting idea in my opinion. I used to have two of them but I can't find the other. Weirdly enough, I think a member of this forum will buy the whole setup from me!

Strike while the iron is hot and get it sold. That would be my opinion. I, too, am squarely in the Albany NY market and have been watching it closely. Although the S6 is an amazing cooking machine by nearly every account, I think the Searwood might dip into its market and value in some limited capacity based solely on the “lazy” factor. I say this because I never had any interest in an S6 until keeping tabs on @Brett-EDH and his culinary acumen. Over the last year or so, I’ve kept my eyes open for a deal on one with not much luck. Most are beyond what I’m willing to pay for what would be a toe in the water trial for me. Lately though, I’m seeing a lot of Smokefires listed locally which never used to be the case. Yes, most of them are probably SF guys looking to make an upgrade. Even though the S6 and Searwood are 2 completely different approaches to cooking, the resulting good eats (particularly the LAS foods that I would be attempting) should be remarkably similar, correct? I can’t be the only one thinking of a Searwood as a 1/2 price jumping in point vs a S6 on a new to new comparison. Feel free to change my mind. We all know I’m nothing more than a clueless gasser, anyways. I can take the heat in the name of being more educated any day.

The only reason I’ve never been into pellet grills is because my main interest in grilling is the actual cooking process. The fiddling with it. The little accessories you add that can completely change things. I’m guilty of buying just about every accessory that I thought looked neat for the Summit. Although it is being replaced, I do still have my kettle when I’m feeling the need to cook on something round. Bear in mind, I do also run a gas Summit S470.

In terms of Albany market, seems like nothing is ever listed. I bought a Primo many years ago off Craigslist though and last year tried to buy a Lynx gas grill that ended up being too sketchy for me to go through with. Older than he said, needed more work than listed, etc etc. How he came to owning was also weird.

Strike while the iron is hot and get it sold. That would be my opinion. I, too, am squarely in the Albany NY market and have been watching it closely. Although the S6 is an amazing cooking machine by nearly every account, I think the Searwood might dip into its market and value in some limited capacity based solely on the “lazy” factor. I say this because I never had any interest in an S6 until keeping tabs on @Brett-EDH and his culinary acumen. Over the last year or so, I’ve kept my eyes open for a deal on one with not much luck. Most are beyond what I’m willing to pay for what would be a toe in the water trial for me. Lately though, I’m seeing a lot of Smokefires listed locally which never used to be the case. Yes, most of them are probably SF guys looking to make an upgrade. Even though the S6 and Searwood are 2 completely different approaches to cooking, the resulting good eats (particularly the LAS foods that I would be attempting) should be remarkably similar, correct? I can’t be the only one thinking of a Searwood as a 1/2 price jumping in point vs a S6 on a new to new comparison. Feel free to change my mind. We all know I’m nothing more than a clueless gasser, anyways. I can take the heat in the name of being more educated any day.
There’s no convincing needed. Both the S6 and Searwood have a place.

And charcoal vs pellets are quite different.

Me personally, I like to play with food. And using real fire gets me as close as I can to being a simpleton.

I don’t buy premade rubs. I like to butcher my chickens. I like to cut my own steaks from whole primal cuts. And I enjoy grinding my own meat, either for burgers or the chicken I did for ragu last weekend. I’m just odd and I’m okay with that.

Buy the grilll that works best for you, your family and lifestyle. That’ll be the right one for you.

I just enjoy the connection of coal, fire, woods and flavor. It’s how I like my food to taste.

I’m also the guy who’d rather eat at home, well, because my food is better than probably 90% of my local restaurants.

Example, last night was ahi tuna tacos in nori. No pics taken. But it was a Japanese Mexican fusion that came out great.

Last edited:
I have both the WSK E-6 and the Smokefire EX-6. As Brett noted these grills complement each other very well. I go with the Smokefire if I want to grill something quick or during the summer when it's a 100 degrees every day here as it's quicker for me to get the Smokefire going and I do not want to be outside long. I also like cooking pork ribs in the Smokefire.

If I'm cooking a brisket I'm going 100% with the WSK for the flavor and overall product (I've cooked briskets on both). Overall I prefer the flavor of food I make on the WSK, but the Smokefire makes excellent food also.

I have both the WSK E-6 and the Smokefire EX-6. As Brett noted these grills complement each other very well. I go with the Smokefire if I want to grill something quick or during the summer when it's a 100 degrees every day here as it's quicker for me to get the Smokefire going and I do not want to be outside long. I also like cooking pork ribs in the Smokefire.

If I'm cooking a brisket I'm going 100% with the WSK for the flavor and overall product (I've cooked briskets on both). Overall I prefer the flavor of food I make on the WSK, but the Smokefire makes excellent food also.
Interesting! I would of guessed differently. So 100% WSK for brisket. Easy as a pellet?

Here are the stats in my area (SoCal). This first one was BNIB and it lasted about a week...I think it might have fallen off a truck...the others went quick.

1717290364991.png

edit: blurred the names

Back