Summit S-420 Ignitor Question

Mark Worms

TVWBB Member
Just picked up an S-420 NG that I will rehab. took it apart and while the valves look ok, I was hoping to get new igniters. But it looks like its one piece and you have to get the entire manifold. Can you just get the igniters for an S-420? I looked at the schematic and it seems like the manifold is one piece. ( 79161 is the part number). Anybody have any guidance/ thoughts? appreciate it.

Joe - they do work but look a little weary/rusted. I figured since i have it apart id look at replacing them if they need it. Most of my rebuilds, the igiters are a separate item. (genesis 330's, etc). dont really want to replace the entire manifold or valves.. thanks

here are pics of the valves and ignitor. Eric - that is indeed a great find. If I need 4,( i dont need the knobs) might be better to just get the entire manifold assembly. I was hoping the igniter came separate.

Attachments

• IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2839.JPG
    IMG_2839.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 10
Mark, I would try cleaning them up first. A little wire wheel in a drill and maybe sandpaper on the electrodes could do wonders on those.

Mark, I would try cleaning them up first. A little wire wheel in a drill and maybe sandpaper on the electrodes could do wonders on those.
Steve - I was thinking the same. I have a Dremmel and will see what i can do. As I said, they do work so maybe a little clean up will help.
Thanks

Back