Summit 470 built-in

Horace P

TVWBB Member
Have a question, I have a customer who asked me if it is possible to convert their Weber summit 470 from a stand alone to a Built-in? I said that's something I'm not willing to do myself but I'm not sure if it can be done, has anyone tried that before.

Should be pretty easy since the 470 was offered as a built in. Simply follow those directions. But, I would caution them. Since those products have many rust and burn through issues, and "building in" is not cheap and is permanent. Perhaps looking for a better all high quality stainless product to build in would be in their best interests

Should be pretty easy since the 470 was offered as a built in. Simply follow those directions. But, I would caution them. Since those products have many rust and burn through issues, and "building in" is not cheap and is permanent. Perhaps looking for a better all high quality stainless product to build in would be in their best interests
That is what I suggested to them too. I refurbished the 470 for them, all ne everything but suggested they consider selling the 470 and purchasing one made specifically a a built in, they have a contractor building the outdoor kitchen.

exactly.

check this one out for a built in. reasonable cost for SS without breaking the bank. some BIs run much, much more ($5k-10k or more).

Back