Stumped by a friggin Silver A :(

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Ok I give up......I dont want to completely disassemble this Silver A to figure out my issue but it is buggin the crap out of me and would love to know how to fix this simple problem. The flat panel above my two stainless steel doors on this flipper is not secure.....it rotates when the doors are pushed in. I looked on the sides and see one screw that holds the panel on the knob side......the screw is mid panel and when I tried to tighten it it just spins out. Due to the flip up trey on the other side I cant see the screw on that side. Is there a top screw??? What the heck holds this flat piece in place????
Thanks in advance for solving my puzzle....see pic......or pics...bonus pic...yep thats my signature move!

Attachments

• 20200902_171310.jpg
    20200902_171310.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200902_171001.jpg
    20200902_171001.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200902_171325.jpg
    20200902_171325.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 25
There is a square plastic “nut” that snaps in the frame into a square hole. One in each side. It’s probably stripped out.

Another picture for ya, Jim!

EDIT: This is off of a Gold C, and you have a Silver A. Your plastic nut is at 90* to the location I show. It's different how they only use the "wings" on the back of spacer nut and not the spacer part of the nut itself (like at the end of the control panel). At any rate, it's the same part.

Attachments

• 20200902_221100.jpg
    20200902_221100.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hey Branden and Ed......thank you both!!! This little repair was driving me crazy......I was like a bear trying to figure out how to get in the dumpster.........now I can fix it.........Thanks!!!

Hey guys.....long story.....but I injured my right arm the day before delivering this Silver A.....I was going to fix this issue with a screw drilled through the frame. Now that I am currently 1 armed.....I need to purchase the correct plastic grommets that u guys posted pics of.......
I delivered the grill today and the guy wants it fixed.......I only had him pay partial......when I return to repair he will pay the rest. So do u know how or where I can order these parts????
Thanks

Jim, I hope your arm is ok!

Can you pull one off an existing frame? It's the same spacer nut that is used to screw down the control panel. They are made of nylon and get pretty brittle with age.

Spacer Nut.jpg

Last edited:
The arm is a work in progress.....I may have torn my bicep or ripped it.....or uhhhhh its just not good :( I was unloading one of those massive Webers from my vehicle and it slipped off of my ramp due to the small plastic wheels....I tried to save it but one arm vs that massive grill sliding down a ramp was no match. I did save the grill......but not my arm .....I was so pissed at the grill I had another local flipper come and take it away.
I didnt realize it was the same spacer as the control panel.......I do have a Silver B frame....I will snag them from there.
Thanks for always having my back!

Jim, I hope you've been to see the doc so you can get back on the horse soon! Take it easy and get well!

Back