Stokerlog does not recognize new blower/overshoot

Kit_R

TVWBB Member
I bought a new blower for my Stoker and when I fired everything up, I have two issues. First is that I'm getting the "overshoot" issue many of us experience when we use the Stoker the first time out. I suspect this is a function of using the new fan with the old controller. The second issue is a little more problematic. I've noticed that Stokerlog does not seem to "recognize" the new fan. In other words, there is no fan graph line when the fan cycles. Appreciate any input on how to proceed.

Does everything seem to work correctly in the browser? That is, is the pit probe properly associated with the new blower?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
Does everything seem to work correctly in the browser? That is, is the pit probe properly associated with the new blower? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went back and associated the pit probe with the blower. That caused the fan on graphic above the graph to work, but then the fan just ran continuously, causing a gross overshoot (+45F) of the selected pit temperature. I tried everything to include power off/on, unplugging and plugging probes and fan, and changing the ports in which they were plugged. Still, the fan runs continuously.

Last time I saw a report like that was a broken blower. I would call John and try to get a replacement.

Back