Stokerlog alarm issue

R Coffman

I have run into a small issue.

After putting all my funds into building a new pit, I didn't quite have enough money for a complete Stoker setup. So I ordered the unit, 2 pit probes, and 1 temp probe. Now, the problem is, alarms on Stokerlog do not allow me to set them up since there is not a blower connected. It says there is no fire control probe. Now, I have no problems setting the high/low alarms on the Stoker, but don't think the neighbors would like that loud alarm going off at 3 am. Is there any way I can make it so that Stokerlog will trigger when high/low temps are reached?

Thanks,
Coffman34

I have never tested stokerlog that way without a blower. So it is entirely possible it doesn't work.

Did you try setting the alarm for the pit probe or the food ones? Either can perform this feature.

When I activate the radio button for alarm on, it doesn't give me the option of setting a range. Just a target temp, like food.

Ah, yes, that is what it does. The logic for that is tightly bound to the control probe. I can't think of a way around it. Sorry
icon_smile.gif

Is there not a way to add a simple if statement to the monitor probes?

If temp is < X or > Y then alarm.

It doesn't have to be tied into the Stoker. In fact, it would be best if it wasn't tied into the Stoker alarm controls, that way you could disable the alarm on the Stoker itself, so as to not wake the neighbors in the middle of the night, but still have the PC alarm inside the house.

Answering the last part first, all of stoker alarms are "local" meaning they are never communicated to stoker and hence never bother the neighbors.

On the code change, yes the ultimate test would be that simple. The problem is that alarm code is async to the program logic. Stoker parses the configuration and builds data structures (objects) that are distinct with regards to being a pit or food probe. Then the async logic acts on those structures. If I lie to it and make them all pit probes, then tons of other things break that expects for example to only be one pit probe.

Likely if I think about it there would be some way to hack this to work but that code took a long time to get stable and solid and messing with it would require fair amount of testing. Seeing how this is not a common application, I think we will all be better off passing the hat and getting you $50 to buy a blower
icon_smile.gif

Back