StokerII and Mac

J Patrick

TVWBB Member
Has anyone gotten their Stoker II wifi to work using a mac and an Airport Time Capsule router? I have tried every video every document and nothing seems to work. It keeps giving me 192.168.100.001 as a wifi IP. I go there and it shows my modem config page. I've tried the 255. so on and so on. When i replace the WIFI IP with 255 and save and restart it then gives me the 255.255.255. 255 or .0 as a wifi IP. I punch that in and nothing happens. What BS i;m sure its operator error, but come on its 2015 it shouldn't be this hard for what you pay for the unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

A lot depends on your setup, assuming you are using DHCP, just have it auto connect. I forget the exact steps but it is in the manual. Or, you can assign a set of IP's and then pick a higher one and permanently assign the stoker to it, so you always know what IP it will connect at (This is what I do)

I have a stoker I, but i can't imagine anything that won't connect no matter what hardware you have. I plugged mine in the first time to get everything set wired before i went wireless, not sure if it matter, but it made it a lot easier

A lot depends on your setup, assuming you are using DHCP, just have it auto connect. I forget the exact steps but it is in the manual. Or, you can assign a set of IP's and then pick a higher one and permanently assign the stoker to it, so you always know what IP it will connect at (This is what I do)

I have a stoker I, but i can't imagine anything that won't connect no matter what hardware you have. I plugged mine in the first time to get everything set wired before i went wireless, not sure if it matter, but it made it a lot easier
Thanks for the info. I follow all the steps over and over. When I get to the step where you remove the Ethernet cord and reboot the stoker, then scroll to the WiFi IP it gives me 192.168.100.001 for a wifi ip. That's not the correct ip.

assigning a set of IP's etc etc is just space talk to me. I called Rock's yesterday, but everyone knows how well that goes, no one home, big surprise, maybe they will respond to my email

OK, so looking at page 27 of the instructions (I downloaded newest instructions from website as I don't have mine anymore....hopefully they are the same as yours

If you selected DHCP, which i assume you did, instead of putting 255.255.255.255 in all the boxes, leave them all blank

If you are going to assign an IP, like 10.0.0.51 (I think that one is safe for airport with no changes to settings) then put that in IP box and uncheck DHCP box and leave everything else 255.255.255.255 except dns server

Also, make sure you know your exact type of encryption, it does matter, if you use encryption for wifi

good luck

OK, so looking at page 27 of the instructions (I downloaded newest instructions from website as I don't have mine anymore....hopefully they are the same as yours

If you selected DHCP, which i assume you did, instead of putting 255.255.255.255 in all the boxes, leave them all blank

If you are going to assign an IP, like 10.0.0.51 (I think that one is safe for airport with no changes to settings) then put that in IP box and uncheck DHCP box and leave everything else 255.255.255.255 except dns server

Also, make sure you know your exact type of encryption, it does matter, if you use encryption for wifi

good luck
Thanks again, I did both of what you mentioned and watched the video. It keeps assigning the DNS IP that I mentioned above. It does not matter what I do it always gives me the same DNS ip. This is getting pretty stupid.

I got it. I changed the setting from access point to client and then it sent a different WIFI IP and it all works now

Back