Stoker Wi-Fi

Darrin H

I just bought a new Stoker Wi-fi control system. I unpacked it and began the setup.

Here is the thing: I run a protected network with SSID and password, and it doesnt appear that the Stoker supports entry of that information on the unit. Am I correct that I still need a bridge to connect this to my wireless network?

If it does support it, how would I enable that option?

Download the Stoker Wifi manual. It looks like once they enable Wifi you will be able to enter in your SSID and password. The current units are shipping with Wifi disabled (to be enabled with an update in the near future). Until then I believe you need to connect the stoker to your network via ethernet (or an ethernet wireless bridge).

Thanks for the information, I'm not going nuts.

Interesting that their site lists the wi-fi as being currently available. I'm curious how you know that the units are shipping with the feature disabled, is there some secret information warehouse I dont know about?

Unit seem solid, and Kenny has been very patient with me, but the lack of documentation and surprises like no wi-fi is an unnecessary distraction IMO.

Thanks again for the info!

See my last post on another WIFI question.

Odd that Kenny wouldn't have told you that WIFI was disabled as it is pretty general knowledge.

James:

To be fair, I didnt ask Kenny about the wi-fi, I just kinda assumed (yeah I know) that it was enabled. No worries, it will be fun to use when enabled. The auto-update works well, and I am assuming (yes again) that is going to be how the stoker unit gets updated.

No worries Darrin. Note that the software will have to be uploaded from your computer through Rock's site via ethernet cable. There are already detailed instructions on the site for older updates and I expect they will include new instructions with the 2.7 software.

Back