Stoker Sticky Damper

MarkMi

I put some butts on today, using some lump I hadn't used before. After cooking a couple of hours, it appeared the fan was running constantly and not maintaining the temp real well. My instinct said it's the lump, that's all that changed. I checked things out, and it was a sticky damper door on the Stoker Fan! I tappped it, and the door fell open, and temps fell into line. When I was packing htings up, it appears the door is now stuck open!
What's the best way to get this working right again, short of buying a new fan.

Thanks

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkMi:
I checked things out, and it was a sticky damper door on the Stoker Fan! I tappped it, and the door fell open,

Mark, are you sure you aren't installing the stoker fan upside down? The swinging door should be hinged on the top.

and temps fell into line. When I was packing htings up, it appears the door is now stuck open!
What's the best way to get this working right again, short of buying a new fan.

Thanks

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, what is confusing is that you state "it fell open". If installed correctly my understanding is that it falls to a closed position and that the fan pushes it up out of the way so that it can fall shut.

It can't fall open and be installed corrected that is what's confusing.

When I first got mine I found that sometimes the damper would stick in the open position. I guess moisture or grease or something would cause this to happen. I fixed this issue by placing just the smallest dab (rolled up ball not even half the size of a BB) of epoxy putty on the surface of the housing where the damper hits the top. This way the surfaces do not touch and I haven't had the issue since.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Stokers waste of time and money, no need for gadgets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. We appreciate your input.

But why would you waste your time to come into this section of the forum that is all about automated temp controllers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But why would you waste your time to come into this section of the forum that is all about automated temp controllers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya Steve, I just didnt bother to dignify it with a response.

Back