Stoker in business ?

I posted something similar on the BGE forum as I just returned a fan for repair. I’m hearing he is still in business so I’m assuming there is some sort of phone issue. Maybe he is switching providers. Not 100% sure.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have taken steps to mitigate such a risk going forward.

I'll post an update as soon as I hear anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd Schwartz:
Just talked to them on the phone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And? is the report of their demise premature? Details, sir, details!

Rock's BBQ just posted on the BGE forum....all is well. They had phone issues today and they have been busy. New products coming out as well. Good news.

I talked to John last week. Not only is he in business. He is very busy.With the new temp sensors having a LED light.Some of us ordered probes just to have some with lights in it. Just made them busier.

He posted this on another site... "hmmm the phone was out of commission for about 4 hours today. We are still in business and in fact damn busy. We have started to ship new probes that include LEDS that indicate the alarm for that sensor (more sexy for people using multiple cookers and probes) All of the blowers we now ship also have LEDS so you know when your blower is cycling on and off. We are not dead just very busy trying to catch up."

stoker06.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Cranford:
stoker06.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very cool. You got any of the fans?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james brosche:
very cool. You got any of the fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The blue LED is the fan. It cycles with the fan. (On when on and off when off)
I use the 5 CFM along with the newly available mount for the 22.5.

I received great customer service! Received my order complete in less than a week! I got it at noon and started a cook at 4:00! Has anyone ever used it with a WGA54 game adapter?

I ordered a Stoker from Rock BBQ over the phone on May 28 and was told I'd get it within the week. After a week and no Stoker I called back to check order status and the owner told me he'd been having difficulty with phone and/or internet. As a result my order was inadvertently overlooked and would ship the next day. After another ten days and no Stoker, my fiance called (I was out of the country on business) and got the same story. However, this time the Stoker did arrive within 48 hours.

Concerns about record keeping and order fulfillment aside, the Stoker worked brilliantly the first time out of the box. Once I got everything stabilized, I turned in for the night and seven hours later the Weber was within a degree of the selected smoker temp. I have a few questions on setup and use on a wireless network, but I'll address those in a separate post.

Wow
I called and ordered mine in April and was told it would be about 2 weeks. Called in early May and was told they overlooked my order and it'd be about 2 weeks. Called again in early June and was told they were waiting on parts for the new temp probe and it'd be about 2 weeks.
Guess I'll call again next week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff P:
Wow
I called and ordered mine in April and was told it would be about 2 weeks. Called in early May and was told they overlooked my order and it'd be about 2 weeks. Called again in early June and was told they were waiting on parts for the new temp probe and it'd be about 2 weeks.
Guess I'll call again next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff that's too bad. My fiance initially thought I was getting "scammed" with the lost order stuff, but after I did get my order she said we ought to do some free business consulting for John wrt customer relations, order fulfillment, etc. As good as the product is, the kind of frustration you're experiencing surely doesn't help sell it. John has very courteous and helpful every time I've called, and I genuinely want him to be successful. Maybe he just needs more help.

Hope you get your Stoker soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Lousteau:
Anyone know when the colored probes and fans will be available? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A. Vale:
He posted this on another site... "hmmm the phone was out of commission for about 4 hours today. We are still in business and in fact **** busy. We have started to ship new probes that include LEDS that indicate the alarm for that sensor (more sexy for people using multiple cookers and probes) All of the blowers we now ship also have LEDS so you know when your blower is cycling on and off. We are not dead just very busy trying to catch up." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back