Stoker firmware versions

j lewis

We just received a stoker this week. The firmware version shows it is 2.6.0.193. When I go to the Kaytat site it looks like the latest non-beta version is Version 2.1.321 (June 23, 2009). For the beta versions list on the site the most recent is Version 2.6.0.249. This looks closer to the naming conventions of what came installed. Can somebody explain this for me? Also could somebody explain the relationship between Rock's and Kaytat Software? Is it recomended to upgrade the firmware at Kaytat? Thanks - John

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a crisp release process for firmware revisions. They all work although the latest beta version is very slow (e.g. when changing temps, it can be three times slower than earlier releases). They all seem to work well enough though.

I think we all need to work together at some point and pick a release that works reliably and stick with that. I personally like to back out extending the timeout values in stokerlog that was necessary to work with the latest beta. That made reconnection when you power cycle stoker a lot slower for example. If I know no one will be trying to use that beta, we can do that.

Based on your reply I will be loading 2.6.0.226
as I am guessing that would be the next level back without the delays unless somebody can tell me which one would be the best.

I guess I do not understand the reason that a brand new one is shipped with back level code.

Thanks!

Back