stoker ext cables

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello,

I have one pit probe,one food probe and one fan.
I was curious if anyone has part numbers for extended cable I would need to get my stoker in the house.Also if anyone has pics of there cables setup like that would be nice to see.
I read the fan could work with ext before but read some where else the fan ext will not work.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe, Standard stereo extension cables will work just fine. You can use y-splitters to connect food and pit probes to one extension cable, but it is best to run the blower on it's own cable.

I run two blowers, 2 pit probes, and a couple food probes. I put the blowers each on their own extension cords, and I share the pit and food probes with a series of y splitters.

You can find the extension cords and splitters at radio shack. Just make sure they are stereo and not mono.

Yep, the 3' splitter will work to give you more ports. Then get as many of the 20' extension cables as you need to get from the smoker inside to the Stoker (but keep the probes and fan on seperate extension cables).

Or, you can do what many of us do and use a wireless router out by the smoker. You'll connect all of the probes and fan to the Stoker, then connect the Stoker to the wireless router via an Ethernet cable. Then you can pick up the wireless signal inside on your computer or laptop to run Stokerlog for graphing out the probes and when the fan is running.

Back