Stoker cart

Mitch T

TVWBB Member
Made a cart for my Stoker and gear. Got a parts cart, added a maple top with a hinged door and a sliding panel, then mounted the Stoker, wireless router, power strip, and hooks for cords and utensils.

wpebd54224_05.jpg

opened up

wp4c5611cd_05.jpg

Cord and probe storage

wp82d11f5c_05.jpg

Stoker running

wp99f08d90_05.jpg

Router and power supplies

wp387b35b2_05.jpg

With the 22.5 loaded with spares

wpb7c2739a_05.jpg

I also modded the WSMs with a bracket to hold the pit probe. It swings back to the side for access to the bottom grill without having to play around with it, and the end is adjustable for height so you can set it anywhere between the grills. Made one for the 22.5 and one for the 18.5.

wp53826b10.jpg

wp2c48a015_05.jpg

wp0840b7ce_05.jpg

I love the cart. Great set-up. Did you tally the cost of it all? I just ordered my stoker and need to work on a way to protect the set-up from rain. This is a nice solution...

The cost was pretty cheap. The cart was around $50 at the Home Depot, I'm in the woodworking business so the top was free, drawer guides and hinges were around $20, and the router was around $50. The arm for the temp probe was made by a metal fabricator that does other things for me, so I don't know what it should really cost. If people are interested, I can get a number on making a small batch of them.

The arm really works well. It's really nice to be able to adjust it quickly, and just swing it out of the way to get at the bottom grill. Also, I can move it around so it isn't under things when I load the top grill. It really screws up the temps when a rack of ribs is dripping on the probe.

Back