Stoker arrived

Ryan Ko

TVWBB Super Fan
I got my new stoker on Friday and did my first cook with it on Saturday night. I did 2 6.5# butts and a 10# brisket. Everything turned out great. I did not use any of the internet features yet, I just wanted to get the hang of things first. I started with a chimney full of lit kingsford and dumped the rest of a 20# bag on that. When I put my meat on the temp went up a little and it didn't seem like the fan had to run much throughout the cook (or at least while I was awake). Maybe I should start with less lit next time.

the problem I have is this. I bought a pair of gromets from them too. I tried installing them and I think they have a problem. The brass sleeve will not fit inside the steel collar. It is just too big. I have emailed Rocks to see what they want to do. Anyone else have this issue?

I had that issue, too... I just took a small file to the collar until it fit. Also, be careful that you don't tighten the collar too much... it's really easy to punch the set screw through the grommet.

They are sending me new grommets. All they said is that they are tight. They are not tight, they don't fit! I hope the new ones are better or I will have to modify the collars to get them to work. Anyone else have this issue?

Back