Stoker and air card

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all,

I finally have my stoker up and running remotely. Now my question is , I have a sprint air card with my laptop for work , is there away to access the stoker through my sprint air card ?

Thanks

"I finally have my stoker up and running remotely."
Joe, what exactly do you mean by this. To me it implies that you have your Stoker connected to your home network and you can access it outside your home network using port forwarding. However, your question regarding accessing it over your Smart Card Internet connection makes me question your current configuration. How are you configured and what do you mean by "remotely?"

Hi Larry,

I have my stoker hard wired to my router and use port forward. I wanted to just type the ip in on my laptop with the sprint card and see the stoker. I didn't get a chance to try. I was told from someone since it's on the sprint network that it probably will not work.
I had a friend at his house connect to mt stoker.Just curious if the sprint card on my laptop will work. I will try tonight.

Thanks

Got it. So you've got port forwarding setup and you've been able to access your Stoker from outside your home network. Well, I'm not familiar with the Sprint Air Card Internet service but I don't know why it would block you from accessing Internet IP addresses, it's basically your ISP, right? Have you called Air Card support and asked them if there are any restrictions?

Sorry I'm not much help.

That should work without any problems. Your sprint card serves as your ISP just like any other ISP. I've had no problem tunneling into my home network for all sorts of things using my Sprint phone as a modem (basically using my phone as an air card).

Thanks guys.Now only two things left , buy some extended cabling so I can mount the stoker in the house.

Also is there away you can see stokerlog remotely? I'm not to concerened just curious.

Thanks

"Also is there away you can see stokerlog remotely? I'm not to concerened just curious." Logmein.com would work and it's free. I use it for helping mom and sibs with their computers, just need to leave the machine on and connected to the Internet.

Another way to accomplish the same thing is to run another copy of Stokerlog. In that secondary copy, check "HTTP only." The performance will drop in doing so but you will gain the ability to run multiple copies concurrently.

Back