Spicy Roadside Chicken Salad

JeremyC

TVWBB Fan
Last weekend I had grilled up about 10 chicken breasts I had marinating in the Roadside Chicken marinade for about a day. I love roadside chicken, but I also love HEAT! So I decided to throw some cayenne pepper into the baste when grilling. It gave the chicken breasts a deep red coloring and perfect back end heat! I vacuum sealed the leftovers and put them in the freezer.

Yesterday I decided I wanted a salad, strangely enough, but a hearty salad! This is what I threw together:

1 Spicy Roadside Chicken breast cut into strips
1 Bowl of favorite salad mix
3 Tbs Lowfat Creamy Caesar dressing
1 Tbs Sriracha Sauce (thai hot sauce)
3 oz steamed sweet corn kernals (steamfresh singles!)

The caesar dressing mixed with the thai hot-sauce creates a creamy, sweet, spicy dressing that goes perfect with the roadside chicken and the corn adds a nice texture with the right amount of sweetness. You can, of course, adjust the dressing/hot sauce ratio to your liking.

It's extremely easy, fast, tasty and healthy. This will probably become one of my go to salads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 Bowl of favorite salad mix </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mean 'iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, shredded carrot' or some such?

Anyway I think this sounds great!

Do it as a layered salad might be nice ... just a thought.

I would go with full fat Ceaser or Ranch
icon_smile.gif

Who was it that said 'Bacon Bits are the pixie dust of the food service industry ... want to make something magic? just add bacon bits' lol

thanks for posting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 Bowl of favorite salad mix </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mean 'iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, shredded carrot' or some such?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep! Whatever you like in your salad is up to you. I just had half a bag of a leftover pre-mix salad I used.

The Roadside chicken makes a nice chicken salad. As in cut up the chicken and add mayo, celery, onions, ground black pepper, and celery salt, and put it on some white bread, that's about it for me. You can add whatever else you like, but don't go overboard. I like to keep it simple so the Roadside flavor doesn't get lost in the mix.
icon_wink.gif

Bryan -- we had chicken salad sandwiches from a couple of leftover Roadside breasts I did over the weekend tonight. We went fancier than I normally do -- halved red grapes and walnuts in mayo, on croissants from a French bakery down the street -- but with my homemade potato salad, a handful of Cape Cod chips and a couple of cold Woodchuck ciders, it was one of my favorite ways of having this chicken so far!

Back