Some pictures of 1995 Performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Dimirsky

TVWBB Super Fan
Here are some quick pictures of the 1995 Red Performer I picked up the other day. I shot these between the rain showers so they aren't the best.
grill001.jpg

grill002.jpg

Here is my rusty and bent ash catcher bar. Someone had also drilled holes in each end and used a bent nail to keep the ring on.
grill003.jpg

grill004.jpg

A picture of the remains of the one touch system. Only one blade left.
grill005.jpg

grill006.jpg

I will try to get some more pictures when the weather is better and also some of when I get everything fixed and painted.

Wayne

Nice, looks to be in really good shape. It doesnt look like it was used that much. I have a nice smoke ring around my lid where it has changed colors. You got a great deal. After a few bucks in parts youll be styling.Yeah, your bracket does look horrible. When I took mine apart I noticed the H-washer that is flush w/ the bowl was missing. There was a worn spot where it has been previously, but the owner must of took it off for some reason. I asked him why the ash catcher was so loose, he said he wasnt sure. But after I took it all apart, tightened it up, put the washer on it is rock solid.

Thanks Gary. I hope that I can get the old one touch system off. I'm going to have to use the dremal tool and cutoff wheel because everything is very rusted. Does the H washer come with the new one touch system? My ash catcher was very loose and had about 1.5" between it and the bottom of the bowl. It just kind of swung there. The handle for the one touch system was also broke off. Overall though, the grill seems in pretty good shape. The frame has a few areas that are starting to rust and the paint was starting to bubble. I scraped the loose paint away and the metal still seems solid. Hopefully my replacement parts will get here soon and the weather will get nice so I can take the grill apart and start working on it. Take care.

Wayne

Yes, I printed off a copy of the schematics and used it when I ordered my replacement parts.

Does your Performer have the orginal quick connect regulator or has it been upgraded?

Wayne

Gary, when I took apart my one touch system, my H washer was also gone. The paint was gone on the bottom of the bowl where the washer should have been. I had to cut off the remains of the handle to get it all off.

Wayne

Wayne, I went to the PO today on my lunch and it was PACKED(forgot about taxes). I will try to mail it from work...If not I will go back to the PO Thursday. I will get it there one way or another...

Thanks Gary. I received my order from Weber today and unfortunately they forgot one of my lid rollers and the thermometer. I called and they are supposed to send them out. The lady said she would send them out with a faster service so hopefully I will get them in a few days.

I sanded down the rust spots and scuffed up the paint of the frame today. Hopefully I can get the frame painted this weekend and the grill put back together. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to cover the sticker on the part that holds the propane tank up so I can paint the rest of the piece. I also need to touch up some spots the the lid and bowl. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be cooking on it.

Wayne

Well, I finally got my other lid roller and the thermometer. I have most of the frame painted and still need to paint the lid and bowl. Its been raining so much here that its taking too long to get things painted. I should be done with the painting in a few days and am still waiting for the ash catcher bar to arrive and then the grill should be done. I'll post some finished pics when I'm done.

Wayne

Hey Wayne, I will mail the part Mon or Tues, this week is much better for me..Believe me...I know what its like to wait for parts...it stinks..I will get it to you.

Hi Gary, no problem. I know what its like to be busy. I still have a few more things to paint before I'm ready to put everything back together. I'm not sure I remember how the ash catcher bar is attached. Hopefully I can figure it out. You might have to give me a short explanation. HaHa. Take care.

Wayne

Wayne...I put in the mail today...you should have Thurs...Friday at the latest..let me know when you receive...and I expect pictures of your finished product
icon_biggrin.gif
Remember to put several coats of high temp paint on this bracket..make it last as you will most likely not find another one.

Gary, I really appreciate it. Thanks. I will let you know when I get it. I will definately post some finished pics when its done. I just have the top part of the frame and the end of the frame with the castor wheels left to do on the frame and I still need to do the touch ups on the lid and bowl. I am planning on using the same black hi temp paint I'm using on the frame for the bracket. I doubt I will get done this week because the weather is not cooperating. I'm out of town all week, next week, so I won't get anything done then. Thanks again.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back