SnS Low Profile

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
Just noticed a link showing they are selling again...

Hrm... Now they've called my bluff! I've been wanting them to do one since I got my S6 and been frustrated I couldn't find one. But I do have my SNS original. Now they come out with one and make ME choose. How dare they! :)

This would solve my every bbq but one has an SNS in it problem.......
Given that the alternative to the SNS Low Profile up until now has been to use the charcoal basket, one has to wonder, is it worth $110 more for the SNS Low Profile over the charcoal basket.

Yeah....I am torn as well....perhaps more the *idea* of having it, versus my riveted together version....(which works perfectly fine BTW). If it was not for the $US-->$CAN conversion PLUS shipping costs, I would have already done it!

thinking of fabbing my own ghetto setup from this:

everbilt-metal-rods-801427-64_145.jpg

$28.23 to solve this prob

i know enough on how to bend metal and my angle grinder will be useful too.

Come on man, you go first class with the grill & you want to go that route? That's like putting retreads on a Mercedes, LOL!

I can't see myself using the SNS to smoke on the E6 vs using the diffuser plate..... Is there an advantage to the SNS over the diffuser plate that I'm not seeing? For two zone cooking, Weber's baskets seem adequate.

I can't see myself using the SNS to smoke on the E6 vs using the diffuser plate..... Is there an advantage to the SNS over the diffuser plate that I'm not seeing? For two zone cooking, Weber's baskets seem adequate.
Im seeking a larger lump container. That’s all. For indirect cooks. The 2 CBs have been great but I’d like more of a moon shaped coal holder to maximize those indirect cooks; think spatches and half yard birds.

I also like to do indirect with the CI sear grate, which I’m doing for tonight’s carne asada tacos. The CBs are perfectly round and small for this. Quick sear and marking and then indirect to finish the skirt steak.

I’m with you for low and slow, deflector plate with a bunch of coals below it. My ribs have been top shelf this way and briskets are off to a good start.

Come on man, you go first class with the grill & you want to go that route? That's like putting retreads on a Mercedes, LOL!
But only need a larger coal basket. I want that half moon shape, maybe 25-30% of the cooking surface to create a hot zone. Sometimes I like to make stuff. Like I had my pizza steel made to my specs. I’m just crazy like that.

And no Mercedes. BMW only here 🏎🏁

No problemo, I have no solution for your needs. Agreed, sometimes you just have to take matters into your hands based upon your needs! I like to call it, “tweaks 4 freaks!” Enjoy!

I don't use the SnS two zone setup for smoking...I use the bottom level and diffuser plate for that.

But about 90% of our cooking is a direct sear and then move it over to the indirect side to finish...so the SnS works amazing well for that. It also work great for higher heat roasting - smaller roasts, chickens etc....cooks at 400ish degrees.

Just ordered the low profile….I have them in my performers and know how good they work. Now just have to get the grill ordered. LOL

Got mine in the other day. Once you get the thing in your hands you can feel the quality. It has a nice weight to it you can tell its not cheaply made.

I use the SNS I used to use in my kettle in my Weber Summit. It works perfectly fine and don't feel the need to purchase this for $150. The kettle SNS makes the grate sit about a 1/4 inch up on one side, but that doesn't bother me at all and really doesn't affect what I'm cooking at all. Plus, I've been finding with the Summit, that the SNS isn't needed near as much as the kettle.

I’m with the GrantT on this as well. Hi temp sear is a wonderful thing. I use it for searing Ahi tuna, steaks, shrimp even burgers-the finish. Easy to clean and never rusts. I use this combo at least once a week in some form or fashion.
The SNS is just another tool in the arsenal. I like the tools…..even picked up a grill-n-grate (another). Upper deck cooking (BGE and Performer are eGGcellent, oops, wrong forum. Gives you multiple zones. I sit the grate on top of the SNS and it gets smokin hot-SEAR.

cooked on my low profile yesterday for the first time. (I was saving it as a Christmas present to myself). I previously had the kettle SNS in my summit and it worked fine, but it was really nice to have a unit that fit the summit properly. Is that worth $150? I've spent money on dumber stuff before! 🤣

Since putting the SNS in the summit, I haven't taken it out. the only downside is that if you're doing a large cook it does cut down on real estate but it makes cooking with a small load of charcoal super easy and it protects the bowl, which is nice

Back