SnS Grills side shelf for kettle grills.

DaveP-PA

I’m really looking hard at purchasing one, but the one thing that I do not like is that they use RivNuts to fasten the shelf on. I contacted them about purchasing without them installed, but they told me it is sold as-is.

I’ve worked with them quite frequently throughout my years in sheet metal fabrication, and while they are convenient, they have the ability to “spin out” and are a real nightmare to remove. I would rather a simple nut & bolt attachment. If I purchase the shelf I may look into removing them with a countersink bit, but the parent material looks thin, maybe 20 gauge? And I don’t want to damage the new shelf.

Anyone in here have one? I’d like to hear your thoughts before I make the purchase.

I have one - it came with my SnS kettle. Are you trying to buy one for your Weber?

This guy installed one on his Weber:

I do have this aftermarket shelf for my Weber which is shown in the same video and I like it a lot:

I have one - it came with my SnS kettle. Are you trying to buy one for your Weber?

This guy installed one on his Weber:

I do have this aftermarket shelf for my Weber which is shown in the same video and I like it a lot:

Yes, I will be installing this on my Weber master-touch.

It's a very nice shelf. You can open it with one finger in less than one second. With the aid of gravity, it just slides and locks perfectly and securely into place.

It's a very nice shelf. You can open it with one finger in less than one second. With the aid of gravity, it just slides and locks perfectly and securely into place.
How is the finish? Smooth? I’m hoping it’s something that will accept a vinyl decal to display a channel name, as I might look into doing a few cooking videos for YouTube.

How is the finish? Smooth? I’m hoping it’s something that will accept a vinyl decal to display a channel name, as I might look into doing a few cooking videos for YouTube.
It's not glossy. There is some texture to the finish. The bbq dragon shelf has a smoother finish, but I would definitely say the sns is a better shelf overall.

It's not glossy. There is some texture to the finish. The bbq dragon shelf has a smoother finish, but I would definitely say the sns is a better shelf overall.

Thank you. I’m going to order the SnS today. One last thing, do you know if my Weber cover will fit once the shelf is installed? Or will I need to order a cover from SnS too?

I can't say. I don't have a Weber cover. Had one once, but it blew away one day and I haven't seen it since. :-)

DaveP,
This is just a pic I saw of this mod on a forum once. I thought it was a neat idea. I think he used a newer performer table on an older performer frame and modified where the holes went on the frame.

Back