Smokey Joe Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris F.

TVWBB Member
I had a dream last night that I was grilling on a Smokey Joe sized Performer. It was weird; I felt like a giant. That would be a cool, albeit pointless, thing to make.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris F.:
I had a dream last night that I was grilling on a Smokey Joe sized Performer. It was weird; I felt like a giant. That would be a cool, albeit pointless, thing to make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would SO not be pointless. Minus the gas assist, I think it's a great idea! Granted, it would be more of a true "platinum" than the current iteration. I'd buy one. LOL

Here is my idea, that I call the Smokey Joe Flower.

I wish had the disposable income to spend $1100 on a Weber Ranch. But what if I made a set up out of 7 Smokey Joe's arranged in 3 rows of 2,3, and 2?

_O O
O O O
_O O

The grill area would actually be larger than a Weber Ranch and only cost about $210. It would require building an outdoor table - not that big of a deal. Alternatively, you could set it up like a drum kit with the BBQ master sort of centered.

Steve Raichlen sort up upheld the idea of using multiple SJs in a burger episode. But he only used 3 in line.

I don't get it? You can cook large pieces of meat on a ranch kettle. You can have all the sj's you want and still not fit a full rack of ribs.
icon_confused.gif

Yeah, but I could do more chicken breasts, legs, quarters, wings, burgers, brats, hot dogs, shrimp, veggies, skewers, kababs, ABTs, fattie rolls, and small pizzas.

I could do nearly as many ribs, but I would have to cut down the full slabs.

I couldn't do turkeys, tho. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back