Slide Aside or Tuck Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Black

TVWBB Fan
Which is better, Slide-Aside or Tuck-Away? Any advantages one from the other?
I know you can order the Slide-Aside but the Tuck-Away has to be ordered as parts.
weberslide-aside.jpg
webertuck-away.jpg

Slide aside is what comes on the performer. I like it but it still kind of keeps the lid partially over the food which does not give you all access like the other model. But..if you bought that part for the kettle (slide aside) you have to drill holes as it is bolted on. The tuck away just hangs on the bowl.

Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Slide aside is what comes on the performer. I like it but it still kind of keeps the lid partially over the food which does not give you all access like the other model. But..if you bought that part for the kettle (slide aside) you have to drill holes as it is bolted on. The tuck away just hangs on the bowl.
I think you're wrong. The Slide-Aside hangs on the grill lip. The Tuck-Away is what comes with the Performer.
Tuck-Away
Slide-Aside

The slide-a-side is the single best accessory I have for my OTS. From what I understand the other type lid holder does not allow the lid to completely slide out of the way.

My fleet includes both a Performer and a One-Touch w/ Slide-aside. By my lights, the Performer's single biggest flaw is that the Tuck Away holder does not allow the lid to completely clear the cooking grate. By the time I got my Performer, I had already become accustomed to the full access allowed by the slide-aside. As a result, I actually find the Tuck-Away's slightly lower clearance to be an annoyance.

Given a choice, I would choose the slide-aside. Hands down. Every time.

Kevin is right on the money. I also have both a Performer and a OTS with slide aside (more recently converted to a cajun bandit), and the slide aside allows the lid to clear the grill much better than the Performer's built in lid holder.

Originally posted by Kevin Walsh:
Given a choice, I would choose the slide-aside. Hands down. Every time.
Originally posted by Jake S:
......the slide aside allows the lid to clear the grill much better than the Performer's built in lid holder.

I would have thought the Tuck-Away (built on) would have been better. I'm certainly glad I ask before I ordered the parts and drilled the holes for the Tuck-Away. I can just order the Slide-Aside and don't have to drill any holes.

Thanks again! You guys are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back