skinless rotisserie chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the skin is the best part... not for eating but for protecting the meat (I throw away the skin).
I cannot stand skinless chicken, the outside of the meat gets all dry and tough.
I just work some rub underneath the skin, and put some on top (for those who like to eat it) and get the best of both worlds.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

as burtess says, don't do a chicken without skin. well you can if you wrap it in bacon. rub, herbs under the skin is a great way to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">does anyone do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Clint,

I am curious - why would you want to do this?

Ray

Mainly for health reasons. I love the skin fresh off the que but it's no good re-heated.

The first roti chicken I did was cooked over a blast furnace & the skin split about 30 minutes in & I liked the part that was exposed.

Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts was my primary motivator to getting the WSM, healthy flavorful meat to go along with veggies. The rotissirie seemed to be a natural extension, plus I'm big into soups so having a chicken carcass to boil for stock is good too, otherwise I'd probably stick with boneless/skinless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">chicken carcass to boil for stock is good too, otherwise I'd probably stick with boneless/skinless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Clint. By the way, I roast my carcasses (chicken or turkey).

Below is an excerpt form an earlier post.

Ray

I put my poultry carcass in a roasting pan with an quartered onion, a stick of celery, and maybe a few carrots and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes (with about 1/2 cup of water in the bottom). After roasting, I put it all in a large stock pot which I bring to a boil and then simmer for a few hours. I then strain and freeze the stock in 2 cup quantities for later use. This stock is wonderfully flavorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back