Sensor Calibration

Which brand do you have? If stoker, there have been threads on it here. Some probes can be off by a few degrees so it is worth calibrating. That said,I have been too lazy to do mine
icon_smile.gif

I found out I had to reset mine as they weren't set from the factory. If you have a new unit there should be a paper included that has your offset values for each probe. I lost mine so i used the boiling water technique. That is, put the probe in boiling water and adjust the offset values until the temp reads 212.

You can verify if they are set using the same boiling water method. Each probe should read 212. If not, it's not set.

-rob

After doing a 10 hr cook I saw that the dial thermometer on the door of the cooker, the pit temp probe and the meat probe before I put the meat in were within 1-2 degrees of each other so I don’t think its necessary right now.

It is probably more necessary to calibrate the food sensors than the pit. 10 degree difference in fire temp doesn't harm anything. 10 degree difference can be a big deal as to whether the food is done or not.

I did my first trial run with my stoker yesterday. Two days ago I did the cal with boilling water. It seems my dial temp guage in my door is way off. I think I have been cooking alot hotter than I intended. THIS STOKER IS AWESOME. TEXT MESSAGE ALETS ARE AWESOME!!!

Back