Seeking Genesis Silver A manifold (LP)

Joe Baer

I’m looking to convert my NG Genesis Silver A to LP but I am having difficulty locating an LP manifold. Apparently Weber no longer sells them and I can’t find one on the internet.

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell?

Hoping there is a parting-out Silver A out there somewhere!

Thanks.

Have you searched online retailers? You should also look on your local fb market place for a lp Silver A for parts. You can get a lp tank hanger too.
I have 2001 Silver A. A new manifold won't be cheap, I would try the used route 1st. Good luck, love my Silver A, I used it for the first in a long time today for burgers.

Are Silver A valves the same as Silver B?

If so find a Silver B LP and swap the valves. They thread into the manifold.

Those valves are the same as one of the older Genesis grills (just not sure which if it's the 1XXX style or the shallow box B/C types) but the BTU per burner will match up so if you find that you're in like Flint

I’m looking to convert my NG Genesis Silver A to LP but I am having difficulty locating an LP manifold. Apparently Weber no longer sells them and I can’t find one on the internet.

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell?

Hoping there is a parting-out Silver A out there somewhere!

Thanks.

I have one

Its from a silver B

The one I have is from a silver B, its the same right ? I can measure if needed
I can just replace the valves and leave the manifold? Brilliant! This is one of the many reasons this site is so great.

Danny, the unit is in Idaho at our vacation condo and I will be there Wednesday or Thursday. I'll snap a picture of the valves so we can compare.

BTW, in case anyone has done this and has a comment, the reason for the conversion is the HOA has outlawed gas EXCEPT for 1 lb cannister units. Other folks there have adapted thier LP units to use the 1 lb cannisters with success. One person says he gets about an hour out of a cannister. Not ideal but it's a vacation place and the bbq not used too much. Plus, being a two burner unit, I'm hoping for better results than a 3-plus burner unit that most there have. My neighber is there now testing his Genesis 1000 so I'll see first hand how it works.

Curious if anyone has had a reason to do this.

Joe

I can just replace the valves and leave the manifold? Brilliant! This is one of the many reasons this site is so great.

Danny, the unit is in Idaho at our vacation condo and I will be there Wednesday or Thursday. I'll snap a picture of the valves so we can compare.

BTW, in case anyone has done this and has a comment, the reason for the conversion is the HOA has outlawed gas EXCEPT for 1 lb cannister units. Other folks there have adapted thier LP units to use the 1 lb cannisters with success. One person says he gets about an hour out of a cannister. Not ideal but it's a vacation place and the bbq not used too much. Plus, being a two burner unit, I'm hoping for better results than a 3-plus burner unit that most there have. My neighber is there now testing his Genesis 1000 so I'll see first hand how it works.

Joe

Ok but like I mentioned my manifold is a 3 burner. If yours is a 2 you cant completely swap it. Not sure about just swapping the valves, id assume it would work but cant confirm.

Joe
Hi Joe, I gave it a half hearted try a few years ago. I had the brilliant idea that I would demo grills for sale using the 1lb tanks.

I don’t recall it working with a 3 burner Weber Propane grill.

I used a connector to adapt the 1 lb tank to a Weber regulator hose assembly

Back