Rotisserie question on genesis e-330 , need opinions

Toi

Hi , new here .
Just got a genesis ep-330 and thinking of doing rotisserie gyro type meal on it.
The question is since this grill doesnt come with a dedicated infrared rotisserie burner to get the crispy crispy results
i am considering to turn the sear station on (2 burners+1 searburner ) and put the rotisserie gyro directly above that.
Could use some opinions about this idea.

Anyone?

I think the sear station might give you uneven heat on the left side of the grill. When we rotisserie on the Ep 330. we just use the standard 3 burners to create an even heat. The EP 330 with the 3 standard burners should provide plenty of heat.

i was thinking to make a wide enough gyro and place it right above those 3 burners actually.
so kind of trying to broil the meat right above to get the crispy outside.
what i am wondering is how good this might turn out, and is it bad to do that right above the burners because everything will be dripping straight down on the flavorizer bars.

I just did a rotisserie chicken on my Genesis 1000 today and I don't have an infrared burner. I just use the two outside burners and leave the middle one off. It turned out great.

Wayne

well while cooking gyro one must also cut at the same time.
so outside should be cooking all the time and fast so it cooks and gets crispy
but keep the feedback coming,i am new to this bbq and learning new info everyday
thank you

Back