Rosy Teriyaki Marinade and Dipping Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I have been on a pineapple kick lately and found this. Have not tried it yet, but you know me, had to post it. lol

(makes about 1 1/2 cups)

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup grated onion
1 tsp. ground ginger

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, and blend well.
2. Use the marinade immediately, or store it for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature before using.
3. You can use this as a marinade or as a dipping sauce, but once meat has soaked in it, do not reuse it. Make up a fresh batch of the marinade just for dipping.
4. Use this to marinate beef steaks, pork ribs, or chicken, for 2 to 4 hours, or fish for 1 to 2 hours.
Variation: Replace the onion with 2 cloves of garlic, minced. Add 4 finely chopped scallions, too.

Source: "Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces" cookbook - Pub. 1998

I have been on a pineapple kick lately and found this. Have not tried it yet, but you know me, had to post it. lol

(makes about 1 1/2 cups)

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup grated onion
1 tsp. ground ginger

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, and blend well.
2. Use the marinade immediately, or store it for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature before using.
3. You can use this as a marinade or as a dipping sauce, but once meat has soaked in it, do not reuse it. Make up a fresh batch of the marinade just for dipping.
4. Use this to marinate beef steaks, pork ribs, or chicken, for 2 to 4 hours, or fish for 1 to 2 hours.
Variation: Replace the onion with 2 cloves of garlic, minced. Add 4 finely chopped scallions, too.

Source: "Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces" cookbook - Pub. 1998
DH used this recipe to marinate a couple of bone-in chicken thighs. We both thought it was VERY GOOD !!!!

Back