Replacement grates for Summit Charcoal?

Hold a magnet to your grate. I'm thinking the originals are stainless steel. If so, they are probably worth keeping. By "better days", do you mean they're just ugly, or are they bent up and looking like they were used in the road for a cattle guard? If they're just ugly and are stainless steel, zap 'em with some oven cleaner and stick 'em in your oven on high heat and scrub if necessary. Otherwise, if you do need to replace them, might I suggest NOT going with some cheap-o PRC-made grates and go with these: https://killagrilla.square.site/pro...s-2-large-flip-up-doors/30?cs=true&cst=custom Yes, they're expensive; but don't you think a "forever grill" like the Summit deserves some "forever grates"?

Hold a magnet to your grate. I'm thinking the originals are stainless steel. If so, they are probably worth keeping. By "better days", do you mean they're just ugly, or are they bent up and looking like they were used in the road for a cattle guard? If they're just ugly and are stainless steel, zap 'em with some oven cleaner and stick 'em in your oven on high heat and scrub if necessary. Otherwise, if you do need to replace them, might I suggest NOT going with some cheap-o PRC-made grates and go with these: https://killagrilla.square.site/pro...s-2-large-flip-up-doors/30?cs=true&cst=custom Yes, they're expensive; but don't you think a "forever grill" like the Summit deserves some "forever grates"?
I'm not sure about the "forever grill" aspect because the chrome is flaking off and the painted parts are bubbling and rusting, same as my Summit natural gas that I finally sold cheap.

I would have thought a $2k+ grill would have stainless grates, but both the charcoal and cooking grates are strongly magnetic and rusty. The cooking grate is straight and usable, just ugly. I'm afraid really aggressive cleaning will flake the remaining plating and finish it off. Fuel grate is bowed and in bad shape, but I think I'll flip it over and use it for another season or two until I can find something better.

The table and propane cover are a medium magnetic stainless, but holding up well.

The only non-magnetic steel parts are the tubular handles and the basket drawer.

Those Killa Grills grates are nice, but I'd prefer a removable center section for when I use the Vortex because it can overheat 304. I know I could use my old kettle for high heat cooks, but I'd like to free up the space and use the Summit for all the charcoal cooking on the concrete patio and the Genesis for gas cooking on the deck.

Last edited:
Wow. Bummer. Hopefully, you got a fantastic deal on the grill. Any idea if the previous owner ever registered it? If not, you might be able to get it registered for warranty and see if Weber can make some replacement parts happen. Good luck!

Back