Remove Burn Marks from Lid

Willard

TVWBB Fan
is it possible to remove this flame burns from the lid? What can I use?

48B38E34-4EA3-4723-9BB3-FA4F7E0CE3CD.jpeg

B51C13A8-5DA9-43E8-940F-C09EF4D6161C.jpeg

ACBD6749-FF8D-4314-9563-E69D0F488778.jpeg

Attachments

• 5CA99B72-2021-46DF-9183-88F74B96B0C2.jpeg
    5CA99B72-2021-46DF-9183-88F74B96B0C2.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 3
Bar keeper's friend will make that stainless hood look brand new. I don't think I would use it on the endcaps though.Screenshot_20220817-223408_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
If you take the hood apart from the end caps, it's easy to do mounted to the cookbox.

Start at the back and unscrew the Torx bolts. A cordless drill makes quick work.

Reassembly was also easy using the cook box to hold the end caps. Start at the front and work to the back. I would only use a hand Torx driver on the re assembly.

Dan, you painted the endcaps while they were attached to the grill? That's different, I would be afraid of overspray getting on the grill.

Dan, you painted the endcaps while they were attached to the grill? That's different, I would be afraid of overspray getting on the grill.
No, I unbolted the center section of the lid, with the end caps attached to the cook box, and then removed the center enamel section, and the inner liner. The cook box was a great third and fourth set of hands. to keep the end caps from falling on the ground.

Last edited:
Yeah, I always agonize about the best way to paint parts to keep from messing them up.

I painted them on a box in the driveway in the shade. I will tell you, getting the lid apart from the inner liner and back together again was a bit of a pain.

I painted them on a box in the driveway in the shade. I will tell you, getting the lid apart from the inner liner and back together again was a bit of a pain.
Oh, I believe it. I think the newer they are, the harder they are to work on. The lid I just did was from 1991 and it came apart effortlessly.

Oh, I believe it. I think the newer they are, the harder they are to work on. The lid I just did was from 1991 and it came apart effortlessly.
The x000 and Silver lids are easy.

The 2011 to 2016 300 series have a stainless liner and its a bear to get back into position correctly.

Next time I think I'll try to use the handle thru bolts and the lid gauge to make the outer enamel and inner liner one piece. This was the first newer 300 series I've had apart, and that evening my garage was well above the PG-13 language rating $M@%*(*_W !%AM!T P@$ of !@3@%

The x000 and Silver lids are easy.

The 2011 to 2016 300 series have a stainless liner and its a bear to get back into position correctly.

Next time I think I'll try to use the handle thru bolts and the lid gauge to make the outer enamel and inner liner one piece. This was the first newer 300 series I've had apart, and that evening my garage was well above the PG-13 language rating $M@%*(*_W !%AM!T P@$ of !@3@%
There's got to be a trick to it, that might be it.

Back