Questions about new kettle 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was given a 20 yr old 22 and had thought of buying a performer instead of the 26. but i knew eventually i'd want to have the bigger grill. i also have a genesis and a 22 wsm and with my limited patio space 2 grills wasnt really feasible.
the extra room for cooking indirect is fantastic. comes with a stainless steel cooking grate. it comes with the same charcoal baskets as the 22. im gonna need an extra chimney. it will take 2 to fill this thing up when cooking direct.
i know its twice what a 22 otg costs for around ½ the extra room. i cant afford a ranch so this is the next best thing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim C:
i was given a 20 yr old 22 and had thought of buying a performer instead of the 26. but i knew eventually i'd want to have the bigger grill. i also have a genesis and a 22 wsm and with my limited patio space 2 grills wasnt really feasible.
the extra room for cooking indirect is fantastic. comes with a stainless steel cooking grate. it comes with the same charcoal baskets as the 22. im gonna need an extra chimney. it will take 2 to fill this thing up when cooking direct.
i know its twice what a 22 otg costs for around ½ the extra room. i cant afford a ranch so this is the next best thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may get a hold of you later, just to get more of your impressions. I really want to order a 26.75 in at work but haven't been the go ahead yet due to the cost.

I had the pleasure of checking out a 26 yesterday at a local hardware store and I thought it was awesome... But the lid is going to be heavy for some people. It probably should have two handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back