Q320 Best Deals?

Scott C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Q320 Best Deals and Questions?

I'm looking to add a Q320 for camping and tailgating duty. Most local places have them for approx $379 + tax. I know from time to time you can find some nice deals online, but besides a couple of scammers on eBay, I'm not seeing much.

Anyone see any good deals out there lately? TIA!

Last edited:
I picked up my Q320 used off craigslist for about $100. A little 0000 steel wool on the lid, grill brush on the grates and seasoned them, scraped out the crud inside and it looked like new. I took it to our cabin and use it when we are there. The Weber quality and availability of parts if you need them can turn a bargin into a "new to you" grill.

Yeah, I've been watching CL in the Chicago area with little luck. Seems anything that's reasonble, is in pretty rough shape. I missed a nice deal a few weeks ago, and the lady said it went within 2 hours of her post. I'd prefer to buy new, but I'm just not seeing the sales like last year?

I got my Q300 off Craigslist for $40.00. The guy who sold it didn't do a very good job describing it when he posted the ad. I knew it was the Q300 by the photo since he didn't list the model number. Just be sure to look at all "Weber" hits when you search CL!

I have a different question on the unit itself. Again, I want to haul this around for camping and tailgating. I just looked at one at the local Lowes, and noticed that in contrast to the 200 series, the Q320 was bolted to the stand. Worse, it doesn't look like the stand folds either.

I just reviewed the manual, and I'm thinking that if I simply omit installing the 4 screws that bind the grill to the stand, that it should be removable. That I can even use the grill on a picnic table instead, if I don't have the room to bring along the stand. Can someone please confirm this? Thanks!

I tried taking my Q300 last summer, but boy, is it big. I removed it from the table by removing the 4 screws and removed and stored the grates separately. That made it a lot lighter, but it was still pretty big for my storage situation. After coming back from vacation, i immediately begin looking for a Q120 or 220. I found a good buy on a 220 this winter so thats what I will try this year.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder of the Q320 might be just a little too big. However, I've read in a few threads here that the Q220 is a little underpowered from BTU perspective, and the 100 series is just too small for a family meal. The 200 series seems just big enough, and is certainly nicely portable, but again, my concern was over the performance.

The 200 is very good and truly not under powered. I bought one for my daughter (Q220) and between apartments she left it here. I used it quite extensively and never once found it "under performed" in any way. I would definitely not hesitate to buy one.

I got rid of my Q220 with folding cart, propane hose, Weber weather cover, and an empty propane tank for $150.00 cash on CL about 2 weeks ago after I landed my Q300 off CL.

Here she is in her CL photo:

IMG_0434 by e4dorla, on Flickr

I purchased my Q220 shortly before Weber upgraded the Q220 with the electric ignition, so I'm basing my opinion on a Q220 that was purchased in late 2007 before the model upgrade. Based on the one I owned, I would discourage anyone from buying it to use as their primary grill. At the time, I was living in an apartment and I didn't have much room on my deck, so it worked well given the limited space I had. Over time, I found that it was underpowered unless you followed the lighting routine to the letter, and even then, it wouldn't get much above 300 - 350 degrees.

Here she is on my apartment deck:

DSCN9719 by e4dorla, on Flickr

One thing to consider is how you are planning on using the Q220 when camping or tailgating. I looked all over Jacksonville, Florida and could never find the narrow propane bottles. I tried to use a Coleman propane disposable bottle that was fat and squat, but it wouldn't clear the stainless steel hoop ring in the back of the unit where you mate it to the regulator.

See stainless steel hoop on left side where regulator hose is at. You have to be able to clear that hoop.

IMG_0437 by e4dorla, on Flickr

The one time I took it tailgating, the Q220 fit perfectly in the back of my BMW Z4 convertible with the trunk closed and the convertible top down, but the 20# propane tank had to ride in the passenger side footwell.

IMG_0545 - Version 2 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here are some food p0rn shots off the Q220. I took these using my old 2006 Nikon E5600 point-and-shoot, so these pictures haven't run through any Instagram filters to make them look better than they were when I snapped the photo.

Here are some shrimp:

DSCN9862 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here is a steak:

DSCN9749 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here is a chicken breast stuffed with provolone cheese:

DSCN9859 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here is some lamb:

DSCN9783 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here is flat iron steak before:

IMG_7166 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Here is the flat iron steak after:

IMG_7171 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Last edited:
"I purchased my Q220 shortly before Weber upgraded the Q220 with the electric ignition, so I'm basing my opinion on a Q220 that was purchased in late 2007 before the model upgrade. Based on the one I owned, I would discourage anyone from buying it to use as their primary grill. At the time, I was living in an apartment and I didn't have much room on my deck, so it worked well given the limited space I had. Over time, I found that it was underpowered unless you followed the lighting routine to the letter, and even then, it wouldn't get much above 300 - 350 degrees. "

If this is what you were getting than there were issues with your regulator (just like what happened to my daughter's) I fixed it by installing a regulator from an old Genesis (simply because I had it and did not care to buy another). In any case with a properly performing regulator the Q200 series is definitely NOT an under-performer.

As an owner of a Q120 and Q320 - the 320 is too big IMHO of course, to be used as a camping/tailgating grill. IF you have a pick up and you don't mind travelling with it full height I guess it would work. The 200/220 seems to be a nice saw-off but I have heard the same issue about not enough BTUs.....not personal experience though.

Good luck

Back