Pro Q Stacker on SJP Stuck! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Catencamp

TVWBB Member
I put the stacker on my SJP upside down and I smoked a 15 lb turkey while on vacation. It worked very well. When I went to load the cooker into the van for the trip home, the stacker stuck to the bowl. I didn't think much of it until this past weekend when I wanted to use the unit for a turkey breast. I tried everything to get the stacker out of the bowl with no success. I tapped here and there, pulled, twisted heated the inside to 500 degrees with a propane torch. Nothing seemed to budge this thing. I am thinking about getting out the angle grinder with a cutting wheel and simply scraping the stacker.

Any thoughts before I do this?

Thanks,
Tony

when this happened to me (stacker and wsm lid) I got the performer going and set the stacker and lid on and let it get nice and hot. It came off easily, maybe the propane torch just isnt getting it hot long enough.

Brandon,

Thanks for the idea, but I cracked open the door of the stacker and stuck the torch end in until the lid thermometer read 500 degrees. I closed the door and began abusing it. The stacker is a POS anyway, so I won't be heartbroken if I have to destroy it.

that grease when its cooled down is like the old rawhide glue, STRONG ! start a fire in there to get the metal, all of it, hot. then it will come apart.

I agree with George, build a fire and get it all good and hot for 20 min or so it will come apart. Though I do agree with you about it being a POS. Mine is football shaped after a new years mishap, I do wish I had it for an upcomming comp. though.

I'll give this a shot this weekend. This was a nice setup for taking something on the road that wasn't as large as the WSM, but next time I will try yanking it off when it is still hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back