Pork Shoulder- Rotisserie, Indirect Grilling Questions

Evan Zatt

So tomorrow I am going to grill an 8lb Pork Shoulder on my Weber Genesis E-310.

I will be doing it rotisserie style via indirect heat.

I have the injection marinade and the rub all ready to go.

My question is what temperature should I set the grill to? Indirect low? Indirect Low-Medium?

How long should it take? I've heard around 8 hours if I do it indirect-low. Does that sound right?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

I would shoot for a indirect temp of 225-275, just play with the burners until you get your desired temps. I'f you have an oven thermometer or a digital therm I'd recommend using them to get your temperature set.

I cook large chicken breasts on my Spirit E-320 at 350-375 and the outside burners or set just over halfway with the middle burner off, just guessing on my grill I'd probable start about 1/3rd open on the outside burners.

Good luck on your cook.

Last edited:
Getting it below 300 with two burners will be a challenge. I did a bunch of dry runs at various settings, and made a temp chart for my ep-330. IIRC a single burner on low runs at 275 on the hood. I'd try cooking it offset on the grate with just the far burner on low if you want to try to cook around 225. It will be a little cooler down there. If you run it hotter it will just be done more quickly and shouldn't hurt anything.

Back