Pool cleaner experience?

Man, our pool is an in ground gunite that goes from 3 to 9 feet deep. It's large, 12x40 I believe. We are on our second Polaris and the pool is over 40 years old. We usually wear out a bag once a year, maybe every other, and the tail scrubber was a twice a year thing. The surface of our pool was acid washed due to improper chemical application the first day it was ever opened when new so it had the texture of 60 grit sandpaper. I wonder why yours is getting best up so badly? We just had the plaster redone last year and the Polaris got a full going through. With the smooth surface it showed nearly no sign of wear last year

Man, our pool is an in ground gunite that goes from 3 to 9 feet deep. It's large, 12x40 I believe. We are on our second Polaris and the pool is over 40 years old. We usually wear out a bag once a year, maybe every other, and the tail scrubber was a twice a year thing. The surface of our pool was acid washed due to improper chemical application the first day it was ever opened when new so it had the texture of 60 grit sandpaper. I wonder why yours is getting best up so badly? We just had the plaster redone last year and the Polaris got a full going through. With the smooth surface it showed nearly no sign of wear last year
Our pool is smaller. It's 25x12 and goes from 3-5.5'. Used the Polaris 360 for years. Always a PIA. New bags, New tires, New bearings, new tail scrubbers, new hoses and a new reverse valve. It got the pool bottom spotless but with the hose in the way and it always got hung up somewhere no matter how I adjusted the tail jet probably because it worked off the pressure side with the pool filter pump, not a dedicated pump. We too had the pool replastered , new coping and a new waterfall in 2022. This little battery powered robot is easy to use,messy to clean out and does a fine job so far. It takes awhile to recharge...3-4 hours and runs for about two hours on a full charge. It doesn't climb the walls like the Polaris does but it's effective and easy to use and maintain. Time will tell how long it lasts.

Our pool is smaller. It's 25x12 and goes from 3-5.5'. Used the Polaris 360 for years. Always a PIA. New bags, New tires, New bearings, new tail scrubbers, new hoses and a new reverse valve. It got the pool bottom spotless but with the hose in the way and it always got hung up somewhere no matter how I adjusted the tail jet probably because it worked off the pressure side with the pool filter pump, not a dedicated pump. We too had the pool replastered , new coping and a new waterfall in 2022. This little battery powered robot is easy to use,messy to clean out and does a fine job so far. It takes awhile to recharge...3-4 hours and runs for about two hours on a full charge. It doesn't climb the walls like the Polaris does but it's effective and easy to use and maintain. Time will tell how long it lasts.
Interesting. Ours has a dedicated pump, I wonder how much of a difference that's making. It's also looks different than what you showed. I'll try and find what model we have

This is more similar to ours. Replace hardly anything in a year, first one lasted 20 years of daily cleaning. Pool is surrounded by trees, had sand tracked in daily, and it's commercially used. Polaris runs in average from 7 am to 10 am every day from June until SeptemberScreenshot_20240422-090215.png

Interesting. Ours has a dedicated pump, I wonder how much of a difference that's making. It's also looks different than what you showed. I'll try and find what model we have
Dedicated pump makes a difference. If the waterfall is on the Polaris won't work and vice versa. Filter system and pump are the next in line for replacement but probably have a few years left. I'll never put another heater in nor another chlorinator. The floating chlorinator works just fine.

Back