Pimping Out a Weber Performer - Here are my Modifications

Mitch Auker

I finally finished pimping out my Weber Performer grill. I bought it in like new condition from someone for only $150 with a cover and tank adapter hose. lol Here's what I did to it. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I am also wondering if the newer styled Weber thermometer works better since its not right next to the vent holes. Mine is totally inaccurate and its the one last thing I can think of doing to improve my mobile outdoor kitchen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSTvCfA3Ro

Hi Mitch,
Nice job. I love my Craycort CI grates. Diggn' the drawers.

Last edited:
I finally finished pimping out my Weber Performer grill. I bought it in like new condition from someone for only $150 with a cover and tank adapter hose. lol Here's what I did to it. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I am also wondering if the newer styled Weber thermometer works better since its not right next to the vent holes. Mine is totally inaccurate and its the one last thing I can think of doing to improve my mobile outdoor kitchen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSTvCfA3Ro

Despite havig a Maverick, I use my Performer thermo all the time. It needed to be calibrated when I bought it. Other than that it works OK.

The location near the vent is workable and probably more consistent than closer to the grate.

Closer to the grate the food has a potential to interfere with the temps.

Nice pimped out Performer, Mitch - very impressive! I do like the idea of adding some drawers to mine. Anything special about yours that you can recommend?

Mitch, I also like the drawers. How did you attach them?
I used screws and zip ties to attach the drawers. It is very very sturdy. Also, that Sterelite drawer set doesnt come in black with those drawers. The black ones come with some plain jane drawers without knobs. I acutally modified the drawers with knobs from a white set (at Target) and made the drawers fit in the black casing. Then I drilled one scre through the top front of the frame of the drawers and put a strip of 1/4" thick strip of aluminum across the entire top front of the unit and drilled the aluminum to the underside lip of the stainless steel. This provided the rigidity that it needed. Then I used zip ties in the back to hold it tightly to the gas bar underneath the table. It's very convenient.

Anyone have any ideas for a good way to store an oily brush out on the grill? I usually keep my oil (for seasoning the cast iron) in a cast iron BBQ pot and just always just leave it in the grill, but I don't have a place to store the oily brush. I don't like washing it everytime. I tried using a Misto oil spray can but that took too long to coat the grill. I want to make seasoning the grill a quick process once the winter comes.

Back