Performer rotisserie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD in VA

I called weber the other day and asked the lady about one to fit my performer-she said it would`nt
because of the lid holder bolts(2of them).

I said well what if I unbolted them( don`t use the holder anyway)-she said it might work.

Seems to me it would work just fine -what do you think?

Also looking at Cajun Bandit or an EZQue

mike

It should fit fine the bolts sit just underneath the ring.

100_2059.jpg

News to me, too. The lid holder bolts on my 1991 Performer do not interfere with the rotisserie ring at all, as their location in the bowl is below the bottom of the roti ring.

I do not own a post-2005 Performer, but would be VERY surprised if the placement of the lid holder bolts is any different, and suspect that more than one person in the TVWBB community can and will confirm, from personal experience, that the rotisserie ring fits the more recent model Performers just fine, thank you very much.

I too was wondering this as on Weber's website it says the Rotisserie add-on will not fit the Performer or the One-Touch Platinum. There were heaps of reviews on Amazon of people stating that they had bought this for their Performer and that it works great. So I contacted Weber and this is the response I got from one of their representatives' Renee:

Thank you for your email. I have to say that it will not fit, because of the slide aside lid holder, it makes a gap between the bowl and the ring. I have people in the office that have turned the ring so that it works. I have never seen this and can't verify that it will work correctly.

This got me wondering and I drove around a few Weber suppliers here in Dubai and one of them actually had the Rotisserie attachment out on display sat on a 2010 Performer. I had a good look at it and checked the position of the outside clips on the ring that sits on the top of the Performer bowl and also noticed how it was resting on the slide aside lid holder bolts on the inside of the bowl. Where these 2 bolts are the rotisserie ring does seem to sit with its weight on these bolts and if you look at it from the oustide the ring clips are ever so slightly off the bowl top, maybe 1mm if that. The ring also didn't appear to be a completely tight fit but I think that is usual from what I've read in reviews and it certainly didn't look like it would cause you much problems in regulating the coal temperature. I am still going to purchase it for my 2010 Performer but only when it is back in stock at the other supplier. The place I went to yesterday wanted $190 for it where as ACE will sell it for $135 when back in stock. That is unfortunately the nature of rip-off Dubai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back