performer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
Did the performer ever come without the gas assist? There is a performer (black) I was thinking about getting, it has the plastic table, is about 8 years old I think, but has no gas assist. Looks to be in good condition. Is 40.00 one of those deals not to pass up on?

Correct, they are discontinued. They actually came before the performer. The first version if you will. You will love the table.

Yep, before the 22" WSM came out some guys were using the 18" platinum for their 18" WSM base aka WSM de Luxe. I dont know how the 22 would work, it would certainly be tall/huge.

I have the Performer without the gas assist. It is a 1992 Model with a stainless steel top and a wire grate on the bottom for storing stuff. The charcoal bin is under the stainless top on the right side, as is another small covered storage area.

It is a fantastic grill. And with my weed burner, I got all the gas assist to light charcoal that I need!

Pat

Jeff,

Did you ever figure out if it was a OTP or a Performer? Wondering if you picked up that grill for $40!

I got mine for $50, I didn't know the difference between the performer & platinum. The seller was asking $100 but said "make me an offer I just want to get rid of it" when I wanted to look into the gas system. It also came with a cover & rotisserie (cool accessory).

about 3 years ago I bot the OTG for ~$140, a Silver goes for what, $80? IMO the cleanliness & safety (I have an inground pool these are near) are worth going for the one touch system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Did the performer ever come without the gas assist? There is a performer (black) I was thinking about getting, it has the plastic table, is about 8 years old I think, but has no gas assist. Looks to be in good condition. Is 40.00 one of those deals not to pass up on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a red SS Performer, date code "M" (just saved from CL today), w/o gas assist.

I have a stainless steel performer that didn't come with gas assist. And I just got a blue stainless steel that has the gas assist. I'm now prepared for all eventualities.

Bill

A good friend of mine found me a stainless red performer at a garage sale for $25. I had to buy a new lower ash/vent assembly for like $15 and just like new. The date code is EE which means it is a 1999. I like the stainless vs the new plastic ones. I use it at least twice a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back