Performer paint question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Francis

TVWBB Fan
I have a Lime green performer purchased 7/09. Cleaning it today I noticed a 1"x 1/2" patch of finish missing from the inside of the lid near the top center. Appears to be down to bare metal. Is the inside porclein or just paint? Also on the outside of the lid where the handle is welded on, the finish is cracked and flaked away showing through to metal. The lid has never been dropped and there is no sign of damage which would cause this. My 5 year old 18" OTG has no sign of either of these problems. Anybody else see these same things. Thanks, Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Francis:
Is the inside porclein or just paint? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Weber bowl and lid is all porcelain inside and outside, not paint.

The lime green Performers are sold by Crate & Barrel. I also have a lime green Performer and looking at it closely is obvious that Weber painted over black porcelain units to create the Crate & Barrel models.

I am sure that you don't have a problem, but you could call Weber CS and see what they have to say.

I also noticed cracked paint around the handle with rust starting. There is also rust coming from the leg mounts next to the ash catcher ring.
icon_frown.gif

Thanks for the responses. I think I'd better take a look under the kettle to see what's going on down there and give Weber a call. If the finish is failing in a few months, it might not last long at all. Maybe a bad batch went to C&B. Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back