performer gas ignition - use as warming element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny W

Hey all. New member, long-time Weber enthusiast...first question.

I've never actually seen the Performer gas ignition in action. Can anyone tell me: if you just turned it on and closed the kettle lid, no charcoal or other fuel added, about how warm does the kettle interior get? Thinking somewhere in the 150-200F range?

What's driving my question is the observation that my garage contains both a clean 18.5 one touch silver and a 20lb OPD LP tank, neither of which are doing anything at the moment but taking up space. I also happen to have an outdoor kitchen work table project underway - a sort of design-as-I-go kind of thing - and I'm playing with the idea of using the little kettle as a warming oven, for keeping stuff coming off one of the other grills (or from inside the house) toasty for second helpings etc. I've considered gas and electric heating elements, chafing fuels, all sorts of ways to get and keep the kettle a nice warming temperature...and fitting the touch-n-go system to this kettle seems like the easiest way to go, if I could be sure of the temperature range.

Any help appreciated! -Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back