Performer Charcoal Bin... table drilled wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin H

So I've been grilling on a 22.5" OTS for the past 6 years while dreaming about getting a performer. Well, my wife was so happy with her mothers day gifts that she said she'd buy me one for fathers day. I was going to get the blue performer, but lucked out one night on amazon and got the 2005 model black performer with free shipping for $250.

Anyhow, the grill arrived on Monday, but I didn't get a chance to assemble it until Tuesday night. Got all the way to the last assembly step and the 2nd set of bolt holes in the tabletop are drilled about 5 inches off. Not only that, but the charcoal basket retention chain isn't there.

Called Weber Wednesday morning, and they are sending out a new tabletop in 2nd day air. However, they didn't know if it would be here today or next week. They had trouble locating the retention chain, and aren't sure when it'll ship to me. My question for you fellow performer owners is, did the retention chain come pre-assembled to the bottom of the tabletop? That's what it looks like to me from the assembly directions. I'm hoping the new tabletop will have the retention chain already attached.

Just really bummed about this whole experience, it's a shame because I've always been pleased with weber products... was hoping to be grilling on fathers day... now I'm just hoping to have it assembled for the fourth.

Thats a bummer. Even the best companies have a few slip through the cracks. Not many companies would 2nd day mail the part to you, they are taking care of you. I got my performer used, so I cant be much help on the chain. It seems like something that would be pre-attached though. You will get your top by the 4th, and the chain wont keep you from enjoying the grill, will just make you access the charcoal slowly
icon_wink.gif

I would have to agree that a second day ship on that part is way cool from Weber...
you could probably hook up a chain from the hardware store or a long bungee cord, the bungee cord {maybe 2 one on each corner} and it will pull the bin back up or at least help raise it.

just trying to think out of the box

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy weber is taking care of it so fast, and I understand mistakes happen with even the very best. The customer service rep was also very pleasant to deal with. It's just I'm really excited to use it, it is such a nice looking grill... it sucks to have to wait. I know I could use it for now without the table, but it just doesn't feel right.

I'll probably just rig something up with a piece of string or bungee for the chain retention for now... not too worried about that as long as it shows up at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back