Performer 2010 model with electric igniter?

Nick G

H all , i was just wondering if anyone has converted to electric igniter instead of the push button "clunk" type? Judging from the pics of the igniter setup, It looks to be straight forward swap . Comments?

I prefer the older "clunk" style. Those newer ones aren't very durable. The cheap plastic button breaks, the battery has to be replaced every now and then.
The piezo / clunk style just works and it hard to kill. I still have my original igniter on a 20+ year old Performer.
If yours stopped working, check the ends of the electrical wires. If they are good, then pull the black flexible tube off the metal burner tube. Stick a bottle brush down inside the burner tube and clean it out really well, then blow out any junk inside the tube with an air compressor or canned air.

But if you really want to swap it out, it's pretty easy. Just plug the existing wires into the back of the new electronic button and good to go.

Good to know that the clunkers are that reliable . There is nothing wrong with mine at the moment .Last weekend i took everything apart and cleaned the burner tube and the little bit of rust that was on the connection . Still fire up first try..

i do like that the electric push button is nice and quiet..

Back