Parting Genesis Red 1000 Wobbly frame

Pete TX

TVWBB Member
I'm parting this grill I scored for 15 bucks! I basically wanted the frame and it's in good condition. Only thing is, it's a little wobbly. What would be the best way to fix that??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-220853_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-220853_OfferUp.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20200831-220907_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-220907_OfferUp.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 24
Hard to tell from the pics, but the lower 1" crossbars look like the inserts are rusted out. You may need to replace them and possibly the bars if they are rusted out on the inside.

Hard to tell from the pics, but the lower 1" crossbars look like the inserts are rusted out. You may need to replace them and possibly the bars if they are rusted out on the inside.

I'll take some better pics. These were from the listing I picked up late this evening. Thanks though!

Easy enough to find out...if the bar is turned (not square to the rest of the frame), try to square it up and tighten the bolts. It may be held together with rust, though, like mine was, so if you are not ready for that, don't do it.

Based on the pics it seems unlikely, but any chance the drip tray isn't rusted thru? If so, might be interested. Just got done doing a light "restore" to my Genesis 1100 "redhead" (see my avatar) and I was crushed when I discovered at the end mine was full of rust holes and there isn't a OEM or aftermarket part to be found anywhere!

Back