Partially closed vent while using a atc!? Who knew it would work so well...

Tony Tintari

Been having problems keeping the temp on my 22 in the 250 range for extended periods until reading some of the posts saying they were closing the vent that the atc is on part way. Well thank you for the info! Overnight butt cook has been perfect! 240-250 since 1230am and its 930am. Yahooey!

I foil tape the 2 holes that the fan isn't in but the vent the fan is in stays open. Other bottom vents closed unless starting the fire and if I need more temp for some reason.

Been having problems keeping the temp on my 22 in the 250 range for extended periods until reading some of the posts saying they were closing the vent that the atc is on part way. Well thank you for the info! Overnight butt cook has been perfect! 240-250 since 1230am and its 930am. Yahooey!

Oh, definitely. If you leave it open all the way you'll still draft and you'll never be able to keep your heat down. Congrats on getting 'er dialed in!

So I ended up pulling the butt off at 1pm and there were a couple times I thought my maverick was broken it was holding so steady! The pork was out if this world, by far my best cook.
So if you have the iq110, then close then vent that you have it attached to half way for 250 all night and day long.

Have had my IQ for a few years now and have learned that keeping the vent closed as much as the bolt passing through will allow will give great results every time on both the 18 and 22.

Back