OTG vs. Performer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry N

Okay, so I thought I was totally settled on the Performer, but I didn't know about these chimney things! Is the gas assist that much more convenient to be worth the extra cash? Does it light faster/easier than using a chimney?

Thanks!!

I use my chimney with the gas assist. I think it lights even faster this way. That and I like to pour the coals instead of moving them around with tongs, I always singe the hair off of my hands.

i think its more than just lighting the coals. do you like the setup? do you like the table thats attached ? do you like the size vs the plain kettle ?

I think the Performer is worth it. You get the gas assist, charcoal storage, transportable cart, slide aside lid holder, utensil hooks, storage shelf underneath and it also sits taller than a OTG.

Sherry,
If you have the money, it's worth it.

I waited a year before I bought my performer and my only regret after I bought it was that I waited a year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:
I think the Performer is worth it. You get the gas assist, charcoal storage, transportable cart, slide aside lid holder, utensil hooks, storage shelf underneath and it also sits taller than a OTG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
YES YES YES

By all means, get a Performer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> gas assist, charcoal storage, transportable cart, slide aside lid holder, utensil hooks, storage shelf underneath and it also sits taller than a OTG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, lid therm, SS grill grate with hinges, charcoal holders.

Plus, everyone who comes over will immediately know you are just a little more serious about grilling than most other people they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back